Get involved #mynewy Photo Competition
The city is still social...
Win great prizes with #mynewy photo competition!
Newcastle city centre is a unique destination for locals and visitors alike, filled with sights, sounds and shops that truly offer something for everyone.
Revitalising Newcastle is celebrating this uniqueness with #mynewy photo competition to showcase the changing face of Newcastle and to promote what we love about our great city.
Get involved in capturing the great changes happening in the city and participate in the #mynewy photo competition.
The competition will run from July until December, with different themes as inspiration for each month and winners drawn at the end of each month:
- July: Food & Drink Favourites
- August: Retail Love
- September: Snap what makes you smile about Newcastle
- October: A Changing Streetscape
- November: Coastal Views
- December: People’s Choice
July: Food and Drink Favourites
Congratulations to @newyfoodie_ for their winning entry in the #mynewy photo competition in July!
@newyfoodie_ snapped this picture of their 'Food and Drink Favourite' at The Autumn Rooms and has won this awesome list of prizes -
- Choice of either a 45-minute session for four (4) people at The Salt Therapy Centre Newcastle OR a six (6) Class Flexi Pass for Pilates, Barre, Bounce & Dance Fitness Classes + grip socks to The PilatesBarre
- A la carte dinner for two (2) at Bocados Spanish Kitchen
- A large handmade ceramic pot and lush plant from High Swan Dive
- Glasshouse 'Tahiti' triple scented candle from Bagga's Pharmacy
August: Retail Love
Congratulations to @timdunn_ for his winning entry in the #mynewy photo competition in August!
Tim snapped this picture looking sharp at Rundle Tailoring and has won some great prizes from local businesses -
- Choice of either a men's haircut and beard trim per month for 4 months at Harbourside Trimmers OR 1 x ladies colour, cut, and style at Soma Hair & Makeup Studio
- A share plate, mocktail or coffee and bar snacks for two at Silo Restaurant & Lounge
- A gorgeous French Market Basket handmade in Morocco from Monsoon Living
- A four-course Emperor Banquet for four people at Newcastle Diggers Club
September: What makes you Smile about Newcastle
Congratulations to @wetzler.wolfpack for her winning entry in the #mynewy photo competition in September! Hannah snapped this pic of what makes her smile - "sunsets and rainbows over Newcastle...what a beautiful city!" - at the Obelisk and has won some amazing prizes from local businesses valued at over $500:
- A stylish Urban Originals handbag from Ramjet Assortments filled with treats including an Erstwilder brooch, Rosiecapilla earrings, Potty Mouth socks, and a pair of sunglasses
- Indulge in a decadent Queen B gelato cake from Monella
- Enjoy breakfast for 2 at Ka-Fey Cafe with the choice of anything from the all-day breakfast menu
- Pamper yourself with a Kora gift bag from Bagga's Pharmacy
- Feast on a gourmet cheese & meat selection for 4 people from Pork Ewe Deli on Darby
October: A Changing Streetscape
Congratulations to @mickydebbie for her winning entry in the #mynewy photo competition in October!
Deborah captured Newcastle's 'changing streetscape' down at Market Street Lawn and has won these great prizes from local businesses, valued at over $500:
November: Coastal Views
Win this awesome list of prizes from local Newcastle businesses valued at over $500 that includes:
- estabar's Family Gelato Season Pass. That means you and your family can enjoy gelato every week for 3 months!
- Take three friends and relax on a Newcastle Harbour with a Lunch Cruise with Nova Cruises
- An Anorak Designs "Newcastle pack" - a tote + tea towel + magnet set + postcard set + 4 larger format postcards/art prints from Blackbird Corner
December: People's Choice
Winner of the People's Choice Award will take home this awesome list of prizes to the value of $1000 including:
Newcastle city centre is now looking pretty amazing with the great changes almost complete.
Revitalising Newcastle would like to thank you for your support of #mynewy photo competition and capturing the changing face of Newcastle and what we all love about our great city.
Now it’s your turn to tell us which photo deserves to take out the People’s Choice Award. Simply click on your favourite image below to cast your vote.
The photo that receives the most public votes will be announced as the winner of the People’s Choice Award and will be awarded an awesome $1,000 in prizes including:
- A large canvas of the winning #mynewy People’s Choice photo from Imprint Newcastle
- One (1) night accommodation at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle
- A Ready to Wear suit that is tailored to fit perfectly from Rundle Tailoring
Voting is easy and will close at 5pm on 17 December with the winner announced on 19 December.
Simply click the thumbs up icon on your favourite photo from the #mynewy competition to cast your vote.